Please contribute to Linda's Breath.
Every donation helps us help someone to breathe.
Checks should be made payable to “Linda’s Breath” and mailed to:
Linda’s Breath, 8547 East Arapahoe Road J200, Greenwood Village CO 80112 US
To wire a donation, please email us for instructions.
In-Kind-Donations also known as Donations-In-Kind In addition to cash, individuals and companies can also donate real property, equipment, materials, vehicles, products and/or services. Click here to donate vehicles.
- Real Estate In-Kind Donations Linda’s Breath can accept donations of real estate assets of every kind:
- Commercial Buildings
- Residential Properties
- Flex Space
- Building Lots
- Industrial Properties
- Co-Located Commercial Buildings
- Commercial Building Complexes
- Vacant Land
- Mixed-Use Properties
- Multi-Family Properties
- Office Buildings
- Undeveloped Land
The advantages for donating real properties are substantial:
For Individual Donors:
- Avoid or Diminish Capital Gains
- Receive a Charitable Tax Deduction
- Eliminate Selling Problems
- Simple to Transfer Ownership
- No Real Estate Fees
- Possible Income Through an Annuity
- Philanthropic Goals are Met
Companies are often challenged when trying to liquidate properties in a timely manner while meeting legal guidelines or regulations. For example, negative cash flow properties can create an excellent exit strategy for companies while simultaneously helping Linda’s Breath. Advantages include:
- Expensive unused or underused properties can be eliminated
- Excess contribution amounts may be carried forward for up to five years
- Donations may be timed for the best advantage
- Donations produce excellent public relations for the companies
Real estate can often easily be worth more as a tax deduction. Gifting of real estate can be accomplished in many different ways, depending on your goals. Outright gifting is easiest and most straightforward method of donating real estate assets. You benefit by taking the full appraised value of the asset as a tax deduction at the time of the title transfer to Linda’s Breath. You also have the benefit of determining the timing of the asset disposal and can mitigate costly delays in transferring title. Another option is bargain sales, where you deduct the difference between the market price and the sales price while receiving part of the equity at the same time. Another option is using charitable remainder trusts, which can be structured with the real estate being a funding source. Typically with this method, you deed properties into an irrevocable trust and receive an income stream, and avoid capital gains taxes while receiving cash flow. At the end of the trust Linda’s Breath receives the remaining assets.
Other methods include bequests, retained life estates, and other estate planning methods that can benefit Linda’s Breath. Other benefits that you can gain include elimination of management responsibility, relief from capital gains taxes; reduction of federal, state, and transfer taxes; and income streams, marketing opportunities, referrals, and positive public relations exposure. There are many non-productive real estate assets that are difficult to move. While a specific value may be justified, the ultimate sales price for such properties is typically far below. Gifting that real estate to Linda’s Breath can easily be the best exit strategy, and not just for monetary reasons, but also considering timing, economics, and public relations.
Other In-Kind Donations
- Computer hardware, including laptops, tablets, desktops, servers, workstations, monitors & all types of ancillary equipment data storage, network equipment, printers, scanners
- Computer software, unused or with freely-transferrable licenses, office suites, scientific software, operating systems, graphics software, developer tools, educational software, etc.
- Cars, SUVs and pickups
- Trucks, including light, medium and heavy duty trucks
- Advertising & public relations services
- Writing services
- Legal, accounting & insurance services
- Travel packages & tours
- Consulting services
- Tools and equipment to outfit clinical and research facilities
- Equipment & apparatus to outfit several scientific laboratories
- Telephone systems
- Library equipment
- Book printing & book binding equipment
- Photographic equipment, still cameras, video cameras, lights, processing equipment & software (formats: digital, 35 mm, medium format, large format)
- Supplies & materials of almost all types
Linda’s Breath acknowledges all donations received via proper letters for your tax deductions, including lists of your donations and dates confirming receipt. To discuss your donations, please contact us.
Donations to Linda’s Breath may be tax-deductible to the full market value or fair market value.
By Federal law, Linda’s Breath is not permitted to appraise donations for tax or other purposes.
Donations must have clear title and be free of copyright restrictions.
Once Linda’s Breath accepts your donation it will become property of Linda’s Breath and we will send you a Deed of Gift to legally transfer ownership of your donation to Linda’s Breath.
If we cannot accept items, we will notify you and try to recommend an appropriate museum which may be interested in your donation. You will have 30 days to make arrangement to retrieve your items, after which Linda’s Breath reserves the right to dispose of the items.
Donations for Linda’s Breath can be physical or in electronic formats:
- Archival medical materials
- Audio recordings
- Educational items
- Historical records
- Laboratory equipment
- Medical equipment
- Motion picture film
- News magazines
- News photographs
- Newspaper advertisements
- Personal effects from well-known or noteworthy medical people
- Press releases
- Promotional items
- Research equipment
- Sales demonstrations
- Visual arts